Who would have thought that in Selangor itself, we would have really nice staycation spots such as Sekeping Serendah to wind down from the usual hustle and bustle of the cityscape? Well, eco-tourism staycation is currently an in-thing in Malaysia and it won’t take you hours to reach Sekeping Serendah as it’s just at the edge of the Kuala Lumpur city.
Types of accommodation.
Situated in Rawang, Selangor, Sekeping Serendah is a great place for you to plan a short trip out of the city with friends and family. What’s more interesting than the concept of eco-accommodation is that the houses, divided into three types are kept as natural and industrial as possible with structures made out of steel, natural stones and other earthy elements.
They referred to the houses as ‘sheds’ and it is intentionally kept far from lavishness, and closer to nature as possible. The sheds is only 5 minutes away from a sleepy town called Serendah, one hour north of Kuala Lumpur. Set within 5 acres of tropical rainforest, you can choose among the various types of sheds, all in different price ranges and size.
Facilities in Sekeping Serendah
Below are the facilities that they offer in the sheds:
- forest living environment
- bedroom (queen-sized beds with mosquito nets)
- outdoor shower* and swimming pool
- cooking stove, kettle and microwave oven
- fridge and kitchen sink
- outdoor coffee table
- ceiling fans
- share dinner with stars and sounds from the forest
- self-catering or caretaker’s meal more info
- Personal toiletries and towels are not provided
Things to do around Sekeping Serendah
When you’re in Sekeping Serendah, you’re not only confined to the sheds as there are many activities related to nature that you may indulge in especially if you’re an outdoorsy type of person. If not, lounging by the pool all day long sounds like a great idea too.
- Cascading waterfalls and plunge pools (1/2 hour walk; 10min drive)
- Orang Asli villages (5min walk)
- Jungle treks (nearby)
- Fishing lakes (5min drive)
- Serendah Golf course (10min drive)
- Kuala Kubu Bahru & Selangor Dam (1/2 hour drive)
- Genting Highland (45min drive to Skyway Station)
- Fraser Hill (1 1/2 hour drive)
You may view photos of other sheds in their gallery here
Tel No: 012-3246552(Christina)
View other retreats around Malaysiaat Sekeping.com