The concept of Airbnb have taken the world by storm – owners provide listings of accommodation for travellers, providing a home away from home. Airbnb Malaysia have yet to catch on the fever, but we won’t be surprised if it spreads really fast in this region. Thanks to these listings we’ve found all over top tourist states in Malaysia, we are convinced that locals will start adopting the staycation culture more often. From the city centre to the remote beach areas, Airbnb Malaysia listings are growing steadily. We found beautiful homes and guesthouses listed in Malacca, Penang, Sabah and Kuala Lumpur. Our favorite part about staying in an Airbnb listing is that we can choose to have an entire place to ourselves, or even stay with the owner to have our own local friend.
We’re only hoping that more vacation home or property owners would consider listing their spots via this website. As an avid Airbnb users we have stayed in amazing homes during our past trips to Iceland, Japan, London and also in one of the homes listed below. We have had no issues during our stay so far, and we have made so many friends along the way. If you happen to stumble upon a really nice spot within Malaysia, don’t hesitate to share it with us via the comment section.
1. Shophouse studio in George Town, Penang – link
2. Loft in a shophouse in GeorgeTown, Penang – link
3. The Stable at Jonker Street, Malacca – link
4. Eccentric Shophouse lot in GeorgeTown, Penang – link
5. Rainforest Retreat within the city in Rawang, Selangor – link
6. Family Guesthouse in the middle of Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur – link
7. Luxurious beach villa in Kudat, Sabah – link